Is responsible for the management and development of a retail branch, which includes the development of new business, the expansion of existing customer relationships, the enhancement of the customer experience, managing the day-to-day operation of the branch. Assures the development of employees through coaching and motivation. Is responsible for developing an effective sales strategy and originating and closing loans.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the office, ensuring adequate staffing levels to ensure customers are served promptly and efficiently. Monitors branch activity to ensure procedures are being followed. Selects, trains and motivates employees, building high morale and a productive environment.
• Develops and implements a sales plan best suited to the local market and needs of existing customers. Supervises customer cross-selling activities. Responsible for attaining established Bank and branch goals through active participation in sales management and officer call programs.
• Interviews and evaluates potential borrowers. Makes pre-qualification determinations. Optimizes the best type of financing arrangements for both parties. Approves loans within pre-assigned authority.
• Originates mortgages, consumer and commercial loans. Opens new accounts.
• Reviews all regular branch reports, including Kite Suspect report, NSF report, monthly and quarterly audit reports, new and closed accounts reports, etc.
• Directs activities involving implementation of bank services and functions including collecting delinquent accounts, authorizing loans, or opening checking and depository accounts. Acts as loan collector as required by "past dues" and "slow pays".
• Directs, coordinates, and monitors activities to implement bank policies, procedures, and practices concerning granting or extending lines of credit, commercial loans, real estate loans, and consumer credit loans. Ensures compliance with lending, deposits, IRA and banking regulations.
• Performs community service activities to create visibility and to position the Bank as a leader in the community. Establishes and maintains contact with banking-related industries such as insurance, real estate, and securities
• Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge: This position requires a four-year college degree, preferably in finance or business administration, or equivalent experience in the financial services industry. Training in a bank-related professional school is desirable. Familiarity with the products and services of the Bank is essential.
Experience: A minimum of four years of branch banking experience is required with an emphasis on business development, credit administration and supervision. Experience with past due loan collections is necessary.