Receives and pays out money, and keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in financial transactions by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greets customers in person and by phone.
• Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, and examines checks for endorsements.
• Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
• Enters customers' transactions into teller machine to validate transactions, and generate receipts.
• Places hold on accounts for uncollected funds.
• Perform credit card cash advance functions.
• Orders daily supply of cash, and verifies incoming cash.
• Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of workday and compares totaled amounts with recorded data.
• Explains, promotes, and sells products and services such as travelers checks, and cashier's checks.
• Assists cultivating an atmosphere that promotes superior customer service.
• Removes deposits from, and counts and balances cash in, automated teller machines and night depository.
• Accepts loan payments.
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.