A peak-time position (less than 20 hours per week) assists retail office teller line on high volume workdays by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, and examines checks for endorsements.
* Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
* Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
* Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with recorded data.
* Explains, promotes, or sells products or services such as travelers checks, savings bonds, money orders, and cashier's checks.
* Removes deposits from, and counts and balances cash in, automated teller machines and night depository.
* Accepts loan payments.
* Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.